Clip in hair extensions are the perfect solution for those wanting instantly thicker, longer hair without the commitment. If you’ve been thinking about investing in a set of clip ins and need a little more convincing, then this article is for you!
What are clip in hair extensions?
Showpony Clip In Hair Extensions come in a set of 7 pieces of 100% human hair that can be attached to your natural hair using gentle yet secure clips. With 22 natural-looking colours to choose from including gorgeous ombres, we're confident you will find a match that's perfect for you. The best thing about clip in hair extensions? They're extremely easy to put in and take out, making them the perfect accessory to enhance any look.
Are clip in hair extensions awkward to wear?
Absolutely not! Showpony clip in hair extensions are lightweight and comfortable to wear. You can also choose how many pieces to wear based on the thickness of your hair, so customise your look to suit you!
The clips come in three colours: blonde, black and brown, for a discreet match to your hair extensions. The clips are also hidden behind your natural hair when worn, making it invisible to the naked eye. You can wear this for special occasions or everyday use to add volume and length without the hassle of weaving, styling, heating tools, etc. And you can wear them regardless of whether you have thick or thin hair! It works on all hair types. Just remember to take them out at the end of the night before you go to bed.
How do clip in hair extensions work?
Clip in hair extensions are attached close to the roots of your natural hair using clips that attach and lock securely in place.
How to wear clip in hair extensions
Clip in hair extensions are a breeze to put in – check out this video to learn how. Always start with clean, dry hair for an easy application and beautiful finish.
- The first step is to always comb your hair using a paddle brush or wide-tooth comb.
- Layout and plan where all 7 pieces are going to go in your head – it help to separate the pieces between the left and right side.
- Start with the 3 clip piece at the bottom of your head, followed by the 4 clip piece above that, the other 3 piece clip above that, then fill in the sides with the remaining 2 and 1 clip pieces.
- Using sectioning clips, part your hair into small sections where you'll be applying the clip ins.
- Using a tail comb or teasing brush, lightly tease at the roots of your natural hair where each clip will be attached. This will ensure the hair extensions are secure and don’t move.
- Attach each clip one at a time and close the clips to secure.
- Move onto the next section of hair and repeat this process until all pieces have been added.
- Style your hair with a straightening iron, curling wand, or leave it to fall natural, it will be stunning in any style!
- When it comes to taking out your clip in hair extensions, all you have to do is unfasten each clip one by one and then carefully remove the extension from your head without pulling on your natural hair.
Caring for your hair extensions
Washing, combing out tangles, treating, styling – everything you need to know about caring for your extensions is right here. There are no special requirements other than making sure they stay clean and look healthy!